Which iPhone 6 Plus Repair Kit Should I Purchase?
If you’re a DIYer, like me, you want to purchase a complete kit to repair your broken iPhone 6 Plus. I recommend the following iPhone 6 Plus Repair Kit.
RSTH LCD Display Screen with Touch Screen Digitizer Assembly Replacement for iPhone 6 plus 5.5 inch (Black) & Repair tools Kit
This is a quality repair kit that comes highly rated with strong customer reviews of 4.4 out of 5 stars along with a best sellers ranking of #2 in electronics for cell phone replacement parts. This kit provides a DIYer with the tools necessary to repair a cracked screen, broken LCD or both on an iPhone 6 Plus Black.
RSTH provides this affordable replacement kit for $49.68 and is available for Prime members for free two-day shipping.
Pros and Cons
- Screen repair kits on Amazon for the iPhone 6 Plus range in price from $26.88 to $72.99.
- This screen assembly comes pre-installed with the camera and proximity sensor brackets. This is good. Transferring these is an additional challenge that will take you more time.
- This replacement screen is needed for broken glass (digitizer), as well as a broken LCD. Broken LCD’s are screens that display lines, discoloring, black blotches, and even all blacked out.
- RSTH will replace a screen that arrives un-working or damaged; however, it’s extremely important to test the screen by snapping in the LCD and Digitizer flex cables prior to attempting the repair. If RSTH determines you broke the screen assembly during install, they will not honor a return. This is VERY common among retailers for iPhone replacement parts.
- This screen assembly DOES NOT come with pre-installed touch ID home button or the front facing camera, mic, prox sensor assembly. These will need to be transferred from your original iPhone to the new assembly. (You can buy iPhone replacement assemblies with all the parts assembled, but I do not recommend doing so.) The reason being is your fingerprint ID is paired with your iPhone. Changing home buttons, or damaging it during install, will forever ruin your touch ID function.
- RSTH offers replacement kits for both black and white screens.
- This kit comes with a step by step flow chart; however, I’d recommend following my iPhone 6 Repair Video for an in depth and live broken screen repair. The iPhone 6 and 6 Plus have virtually identical repair procedures.
Several years ago when I purchased a screen to fix my son’s 4th generation iPod, I got halfway into the DIY repair and realized I purchased the wrong part. Here’s my advice. DO NOT purchase a piece of glass to fix your broken glass on your iPhone. You WILL NOT be able to do so. It’s inviting to drop into your shopping cart a $5-$10 piece of glass with a couple of repair tools included. Looks like this:
It’s impossible for a DIYer to separate the iPhone’s LCD from the Glass Digitizer. My domain name for my website in iphonerepairtips for the DIYer for a reason. I see far too many customers enter my store with iPhone parts in a ziplock baggie and a small brown box holding a piece of glass. You can’t repair your iPhone with this glass so refrain from the temptation of “saving money”.
I like the RSTH iPhone 6 repair kit because it’s a good value and a quality product with strong customer reviews. Typical repair technicians will charge anywhere from $50-$70 in labor. Why not save some of your hard earned money and DO IT YOURSELF? It’s extremely gratifying, and we all need to save as many $50 bills as possible. This iPhone 6 Plus Repair Kit repair kits are worth the money.
I trust this review has helped you make an informed decision. If you have any questions please feel free to comment, and I’d be happy to respond.